We’re Hiring: Canary Health®DPP Consultant–Project Manager Role
Consultant Project Manager
Canary Coaches’ New DPP program
Canary Health (www.canarycoaches.com), a leader in digital medicine and digital therapeutics, is upgrading its virtual type 2 Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP). Canary Health was an early pioneer in delivering the digital DPP (offered since 2008) and has achieved Full Recognition from the CDC for the quality of its outcomes. We currently market / sell our services to health plans and employers and engage several thousand adult participants per year (average age 55 years old). We are embarking on a project to upgrade our program and modernize both its curriculum and user experience.
The key outcomes from this upgrade are for the new product to (compared to the existing product):
1. Improve participant outcomes as measured by lesson/session completion, physical activity tracking, diet tracking, weight loss, participant satisfaction (Net Promoter Score)
2. Provide a user experience that delights the user and maintains their engagement throughout the 1 year of the program
3. Maintain full CDC recognition
4. Meet or exceed customer (payors) requirements
5. Lower the cost to provide the technical aspects of the service
6. Increase the efficiency and effectiveness of coach-participant interactions
7. Make reporting to customers and internally more robust and automated (e.g., participant outcomes, requirements for payments)
Canary Health is looking for a consultant to project manage our new Diabetes Prevention Program Project. The program will be built over 4-6 months using a customized version of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Prevent T2 curriculum with supplemental materials developed internally. It will be deployed on the technology platform of SaaS vendor with linkages to devices and apps for weight, diet and physical activity tracking and to Canary Health for eligibility and billing.
We’re looking for a seasoned project manager consultant who has developed services on top of 3rd party platforms and integrated with activity trackers and devices, billing and reporting data. Ideally the project manager has managed digital therapeutics projects for healthcare-related, tech-enabled services that combine coaching with online tools and education in health and educational services. The right consultant will have worked in an Agile format based on Epics and User stories, and have significant experience with projects involving many workstreams / domains and in coordination with 3rd party providers.
Scope of the project manager’s activities
The project manager will coordinate the Canary Coaches’ new DPP project team and will:
1. Develop and update project plan for the project including information such as project objectives, technologies, systems, information specifications, and schedules
2. Determine and transmit feature requirements (e.g. related to: eligibility, enrollment, billing and reporting) for developers to create
3. Manage the project with external partners to ensure adherence to budget, schedule, and scope
4. Assure there is consistency of high-quality user experiences and coordination of content delivery across all elements of the service
5. Monitor or track project milestones and deliverables
6. Prepare weekly project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
7. Suggest duties, responsibilities of project personnel
8. Coordinate activities of Canary Coaches team
9. Confer with Canary Coaches team to identify and resolve problems
10. Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in daily project management operations
1. Experience in project management of technical systems, online programs or services
2. Experience with Project management software and Agile approach to project (e.g. JIRA, MS Project, Monday, Smartsheet, Confluence)
3. Working knowledge of MS Office 365 suite of tools
4. Experience working with healthcare providers and health plans to address the rigors of service provision documentation and reporting of outcomes is a plus
5. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus 6. Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
Given the part-time and temporary nature of this assignment and the individual’s ability to set their time and activities, the individual will be considered a contracted consultant and not an employee.
To learn more please email email@example.com.
About Canary Health
Canary Health, founded in 2015, helps health plans, healthcare providers, and employers improve the effectiveness and efficiency of their disease management/care management service for individuals with, or at risk for, a range of chronic diseases. We do this by providing evidence-based digital therapeutic versions of proven-effective-in-person interventions. The completed interventions leverage clinical and coaching know how, proprietary technologies and proven protocols to enhance: (1) long-term user engagement and healthy behavior adoption, (2) provider efficiency and effectiveness, (3) intervention scalability, and (4) program cost-effectiveness.
Canary Health combines the skills and experiences of healthcare providers, academic researchers, life coaches, behavioral experts, technology solution architects and project managers to create and deploy vibrant and engaging on-line and cell phone behavior change interventions. Canary Health creates, implements, evaluates and disseminates technology-enabled self-management support interventions that meet the needs of patients with one or more pre-chronic or chronic conditions and the clinicians who help care for them.
May 13, 2020